Monday, September 24, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away...

Its been a rough week on the peninsula.  Rain, rain and more rain is wreaking havoc all throughout the area.

Roads flooding, levies compromised, power outages, bridges washing away or damaged, landslides, railroad damage, you name it.

Thankfully today the rain has stopped and the wind is calm so clean up can begin again.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the hard work and long hours that the crews and emergency people  have been putting in to keep Sewardites safe and taken care of during this tough time.  Especially the guys or gals that run the bulldozer in Lowell Point Creek, all I can say is,  wow, nerves of steel! If I ever find out who you are and I see you in the Yukon, you my friend are getting a beverage on me.

I have complete faith that the awesome people of Seward will jump right back in to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.

Thanks to everyone's positive thoughts and prayers.

If you would like to read more about the rainy days in Seward visit www.SewardCityNews.com




No comments:

Post a Comment